09 December 2007

bit iffy samaritan

The truth about my back injury must be told..........

As I walked through town on the way to work, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this person's condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them .

Recalling some long ago priest who made an admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty. A small voice inside my head called out, "Reach out, reach out!"


so I did!

























Serves me right I suppose :-(




4 comments:

llewtrah said...

There was a woman dressed in waistbandless jeans in the pub a few months back. You could see her thong undies. In her case it looked and she acted) tarty and cheap. I felt like directing her to the nearest Oxfam shop to get some less shredded jeans. Her bloke was similarly dressed - you could see his CK undies. Not a pretty sight the both of them.

clodhopper said...

How horrible. It's hard to see how clothes like this represent value for money isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I can't stand visible underpant, of any description. And the idea of where thongs have been...

Mind you, if it had been a thong you went to pick up from the laundry basket it might have been a bit lighter and possibly you might not be in your predicament now. Perhaps it might be worth having a word with C.

Anonymous said...

thank you nice sharing

cep program